Tuesday, September 9, 2008

NO Movie Night at the Carl Schurz Park



Sadly, there was NO movie night at the Carl Schurz Park (my favorite park in the universe).


We enjoyed an entire August of watching movies like 'Ghostbusters", "It could happen to you? and another really old film I saw with Tony Curtis about a publicity hound in NYC with a sister fetish. The powers of the Park rented a huge screen, put out seats with free fresh hot popcorn and suddenly what was an ordinary basket-ball court was transformed into an old fashioned drive in- minus the cars. It was one of the most romantic nights Peter (husband)and I spent together this summer. But, tonight, because of the rain there was no movie.

Instead, I headed over to Logos Bookstore on York between 83rd street and 84th street. Logos, is one of the last independent bookstores left on the continent. It's woody, and warm full of great books carefully selected with love. And everywhere you look there's a delight for the eye. From unique gift cards, to indi music, imported Japanese incense, Children's books to Torah's- Logos has things that matter. I love here because it's manageable not like those mega stores where I tend to get lost.

At Logos, I can sit, I can read, I can escape and Logos offers a unique surprise. Hidden in the back far from the view from street is a garden full of all kinds of floras and faunas that make me feel like I'm in a jungle. Who needs the Botanical Gardens? Logos, a literary oasis smack down in New York City. What more could I want? On a rainy day it doesn't get better than this after the rainy day sex, of course.

Ms. Obs HER Vation.....signing off.

No comments: