Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Magic of Logos


I told you before that this bookstore was a magical place. Tonight it lived up to my expectations. Located on York Avenue between 83rd and 84th street and hidden beyond the books at the back is the "Magical Garden" of Logos. Events take place here all kinds of esoteric and interesting events all complimented by wine and cheese while the dim of Xmas lights soften the night as the sunset crawls out. Tonight I had the privilege of experiencing a special event without even expecting it. I dropped in to visit my husband and found a gathering of folk, a great spread with a Mexican theme, and the promise of live music. Since I rarely experience live music anymore let along someone who plays any kind of instrument I settled in for a listen.

This blond women gets up with her guitar and begins telling a story about a kid in Mexico who sees the Virgin Mary who tells him to go to Mexico city and tell the bishop that she wants a church.

Then the performer breaks in to a really great song. She stops continues her story and sings again. I find myself tapping my foot, engaging with the story, and generally having a good time.

By the end I decided that this was going to be a Broadway musical someday and here I was at the grassroots level experiencing something that I could tell my grand kids about. I suggest you check this out, you and your kids will love it but remember this is not in its final form this is still finding its way. That's what make Logos a "Magical Place" you can witness a journey of something not just some final jazzed-up, sleek- produced product.


If your interested in this the website is http://www.amazingjjd.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your photo and article are "magical" - thanks for your insightful and interesting writing.

Luce Amen