Friday, September 26, 2008

Did this Woman Collapse WAMU?

My BFF Tara called me yesterday to announced her decision to take some serious and swift financial action. Convinced that "the cards were stacked against her", and that the financial crises was a purposeful plot on the part of the Wall Street Elite. As she saw it the bailout was a way for the government especially "those republicans" to get their hands on her money Tara decided to make her move.


At about 3:30 on September 25th 2008, Sara had a light lunch (see pic) picked out a navy blue V-neck dress, complimented it with a pearl necklace and twirled another necklace around her right arm. She then added a touch of make-up , her favorite wig and headed out the door. Bystanders observed by her gate that this woman was on a mission. Being a devout walker Tara passed on the cabs that screeched their brakes to stop for her. One man named Jason Jones remarked " I have never seen a woman that determined it was like.... she was on a mission or something".

Tara made a beeline across the street and entered the bank former known as WAMU. As she entered Ramond Kanoo, the security guard woke from his slumber. Later he commented, "I asked if I could help her and she just glared at me. She got in line and started shaking the pearls on her arm impatiently".

Lisa Wainner a teller and a new temp noticed her right away. "I just got this job....I was on probation....I've got anger issues. I smash art. Before I knew it this woman was standing in front of me that's when the manager stepped in"

"Tara did not look like the kind of client Lisa could handle so I stepped in" reported Kelly Lynn.
"She opened her bag and presented me with her saving account book."

Mary, a woman in line remembered Tara shrieking, "She said something like she wanted all of her money and wanted it now.

I asked her to fill out a withdrawl slip Kelly the manager recalled.

The cameras that recorded this incident clearly shows Tara furiously writing out her slip and handing to the manager.

"I took the slip", said the manager. "Yes there were rumours... we were all nervous that day but she didn't have to do what she did- if she'd only trusted us things might have turned out differently. I had no choice I counted out the money and gave it to her."

Satisfied Tara put the money in her purse. "That I'll feed me for two weeks!" she said.

"Forty- dollars might not be a lot of money for you but it's all I got."

With that Tara turned, exited the bank, crossed the street and retreated into her lair.

The last words that an innocent bystander heard as she entered the apartment were.."That it'll fix em!"

Exactly twenty-four hours on September 26, 2008 the bank formerly known as WAMU folded.
I asked myself, "Was it possible that this woman was the stick that broke the camels back?"






No comments: