Saturday, July 15, 2017

Bert the Caterpillar Turns 74 days old.

It's Bert the Caterpillars 74th day birthday today !!!!!!
 
This is what Bert looked like when he was 21 days old. His favorite food was the Dill Weed Plant I kept on the counter in my Kitchen. Berts has eaten two plants so far and I only have one left in the garden. Will Bert eat me out of house and home?


 
 
 
 
 
Watch Bert EAT
 
 
 
Then one day Bert bowed his little head and began to make a wooden tomb so he could hopefully become a butterfly. 
 
This is what Bert Looked like a day ago, He is 73 days old
                                         
This is what Bert looks like today. I think his back bumps are growing larger.
My little Bert is beginning to grow little spikey horns on his back. If you look closer at the two pictures you will see them.
AND more good news! Bert moved to drink some water. It's the weirdest thing. My little twig- Bert encased in his wooden Sarcophagus drinks and jumps like silly puddy. The teeny silk strands hold his body in place.
It is mind blowing (at least in my limited mind) to see something that is understood to be immobile suddenly become mobile and move with such grace. Definitly a Mind Warp.

I wonder, with all our techology if we should try to duplicate the strength of little Bert's  strands?


ABOVE:
BERT DRINKS WATER!!!!


This transformation just may happen. I will keep you posted on Bert.

Meanwhile at the same time the banana plant in my backyard has drooped from the weight of the bananas and has laid itself on the ground like a big bird leg. Is it possible that when the bananas ripen enough for me to make banana bread that Bert will emerge a beautiful Swallow Tail butterfly?

Below: See the "Banana Bird Leg" from my Banana plant on the same day you saw Bert move!
      This is my Banana Plant.             

See the Bananas?
 
My Banana Plant and the "Bird Leg"
   


  I hope with all my heart that Birt will emerge a Swallowtail Butterfuly and  fly away!  I've got the birthing room ready! When he's dried himself from the amnioticniotic fluid in his pod I have a butterfly sancuary waiting to welcome him.
Hang in there Bert.
I love you!

No comments: