Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Our Elections are Propaganda Bots

Did I not rail against the dangerous speed at which we embrace technology?

Yes you did Kay you visionary smarty pants.

We have no way to stop the voting Propaganda machine and I fear that the ballot boxes themselves will be compromised. This is why Trump is so confident he will win. (My analysis)

(Here's proof: Reprint from yahoo news written by David Knowles below)

American democracy still has a glaring propaganda problem.

Automated bot accounts that spread disinformation and sowed disgust and confusion among voters during the 2016 presidential election are poised to wreak havoc again in this year’s midterm elections, according to a leading expert.

I think that it’s too late for 2018. I hate to be a pessimist,” Samuel Woolley, research director of the DigIntel Lab at the Institute for the Future, said in the inaugural episode of Yahoo News’ “Bots & Ballots” podcast. “It’s good that we’re seeing some action around this stuff, but I don’t think we have our arms around the problem in any significant way.”

No comments: