Monday, June 15, 2009

U.E.S. Hot or Not #17


Business are dropping like flies on 86th street but when I saw this one go my heart sank. Nature's Gift is gone after over 15 years in business. I often remember walking home late at night it could be dark, or rainy or just plain lonely and so often my eyes were drawn to the welcoming sight of great tomatoes at an even greater price. Because of their top quality produce I found myself experimenting with eggplant, avocados and artichokes. By giving me choice they expanded my palate and made me a healthier person over the years.


I recall their home cooking take -out, and a variety of soups so yummy they fed me for a full meal.

Walking home last week I saw this sign. And thought this shouldn't have happened after all those years couldn't the landlord negotiate a deal? Then someone informed that the landlords get a tax break when store front goes unrented so they have no motivation to lower rents. Let's not loose anymore of our neighbour heart beats this way. Once they're gone they don't come back. We don't get a second chance.

No comments: