Sunday, September 6, 2015

Wired Magazine for Women Sept 2015


SEPT 2015 edition of Wired Magazine. (Below see my podcast).

First, I would like to apologize for miscounting the women in my podcast there are actually 6. I mistakenly forgot to mention a very hot and very wonderful scientist helping to combat Ebola. You know who you are and big shout out to you!

(SECOND.. WIRED YOU NEED MY HELP: Contact me!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=asdr3gvOXR0


(Since I have become the self appointed watchdog for Wired Magazine I feel it's my duty to count the women in the magazine and report on what goes on in the very, very male technological world Frankenstienian, laboratories that are considered the cutting edge. As you may or may now know I don't think it's necessary to cut the edge of technological advances any further until we wait a while to examine the long term affects. My spidey sense is tingling because I get the sense that the reason  technological advances are happening at such an alarmingly fast pace is because we may have to blow this popsicle stand of a planet much sooner then we think. Get your savings in order because the flights to wherever are going to cost a lot. As for me? I think I'll just stay here and save the world).

We have GOT to pay attention to this stuff because boys running loose in labs is NOT a good thing!


There are six women that I can count in this months edition of wired magazine. Two are ads. The first ad is a black and white picture of Jennifer Aniston with a big bottle of smart water in her hand. Ok.. It's really phallic but it's Jennifer Aniston and she makes regular appearances in Wired Magazine. Boys like Jennifer. Hell, everyone likes Jennifer!

Next photo up (BELOW) is an ad for Kohler, the company that makes cool shower heads and plumbing stuff. Below we have a picture of a woman who is aggressively being sprayed in the face with pulsing water. She tries in desperation to hold back the watery ejaculation but sadly she is unsuccessful. Thankfully the rest of her stays dry, due to the fact that she is cocooned in saran wrap.

Need I say more? I wonder if  someone did some marketing research and concluded that the male readers of Wired like to see women degraded and helpless and wrapped in plastic? Come on boys!


Then we get to  four women. Each woman marks a different male demographic fantasy. 

First, we've got the sultry brunette. Think a hot scientist, white coat fantasy, who fights Ebola( I forgot to mention her in my podcast....sorry). 

Second we have another brunette showing us how to flick her hair.She is going to advocate advancing security measures. 

Third, we've got the older woman who is an engineer and helps small companies to get up to snuff technology. 

And fourth, we've got the hot blond a mere 26 years old who just managed to score $13.3 million dollars for her start up. She is going to put things in the airwaves so that we can charge our cellphones without plugging them in the wall.


 
LADY #1 Smart Fantasy Scientist type,
 
(Think white lab coat).
 
 By the way, she is doing some kick ass work in Ebola research and she is the WOMAN I MISTAKENLY FORGOT to mention!


LADY #2
Catherine Zeta Jones look a like. Playing with her hair.
 
 
 
LADY #3.   Older Woman Fantasy
 
 
 






And..Lady #4 Hot Blonde



Each woman has a tiny blurb describing how fabulous she is. There is maybe a two or three word quote, like, data is a "natural resource". But, it's what's missing that bothers me.There are no interviews, no information on background, education, life's trials, journeys, marriages or kids or partners. 

Maybe some hobbies might work to personalize them!  

 How about  a question or two?

 Did Wired even talk to these women? Maybe they could be asked what its like to compete in a male dominated world  Essentially there is nothing, there is no real information. And if you look at the pictures there are all done in this kind of red and blue effect that makes them seem unworldly. Is a computer making this magazine?

The style of the pictures really creeps me out. There are photographed all the same with a mysterious blue and yellow glow emanating from their heads. Ok.... this is weird. Enjoy my podcast where I mistakenly forgot to mention the scientist fighting Ebola.

Love Kay Hall
XO



No comments: