Tuesday, November 4, 2008

My first Time at the Christian Science Church


Last night I attended a meeting at the Christian Science Church on 77th and Park Avenue, actually called the Eighth Church of Christ, Scientist, NYC

I was wary, suspicious. Who were these people? What were they about? But, since I was invited by a woman who I trusted I took the plunge. The building was incredibly done in a simple art deco narrative. Well, lit, welcoming and modern it was a a big difference from the style of my church the Church of the Epiphany on 74th and York avenue.

The altar was not an altar at all but the most beautiful organ I'd even seen. I must admit that the decor matched the quality of the speech which was given by a man named Michael Pabst. He explained that God made us all as originals and made no mistakes so we had to find ways celebrate our own individual and unique state of being. I'm giving you only a sample of what was said but this "truth" struck me and made me feel less like an oddball and more like a gift from god.

It was a good night for me.

No comments: