Sunday, November 23, 2008

I can't tell you where but......

I can tell you that when you're in the know in the artistic community in NYC you get invited to very private parties at lofts in the city. What takes place?

Well, if you've ever been to a club like the Blue Note then you know the quality of musicians that exist. These musicians need an audience to test new material, hear personal composition and share a chat, cheese and wine and good cheer. That's where I come in. I can't tell where but I can tell you who.

The musician I was privileged to listen to was the bassoonist Michael Rabinowitz, with Nikki Denner on piano and Denner's husband who played an awesome flute. From Mozart, to Monk to private compositions and good old fashioned improv, I couldn't have been in better company. If you get a chance to see them play I advise you do so.

No comments: