Monday, October 27, 2008

A beauty day at the Carl Schurz Park

There was not a bench to be had in the Carl Schurz Park this weekend. This is the beauty that I wake up to every day. Talk about blessed!

On Sunday the sun was out, the sky blue and the water even bluer. I love the fact that I can sit by the water on any given day and watch the boats chug their way into the NYC harbour. For some reason I need to be around water and in a big city you'd think that would be impossible but somehow, someway I ended up in the best place in the world and I thank god for that everyday.

But in New York there are always "strange sightings. First I saw a lady with at parrot which was really cool. But then it happened as it often does in this city of strangers.

As I sat on the bench with my husband and dogs I spotted a
flash of red out of the corner of my eye. As I focused on red to my horror I saw a middle aged man dressed in red pants, but not red shorts red puffy pants he was in petty coat shorts jogging in between the benches and the guard rails- shirtless and sweaty.

I thought to myself this is why man needs a mate. This man would have never gotten out of the house dressed like that if he had a partner. But there he was running loose in all his glory proudly shaking his junk for all to see.
There is never a dull day in NYC.





No comments: