Saturday, December 13, 2008

SHOES Galore

For all you cozy upper east siders who don't like to travel on the subway (like myself)this trip is a no brain-er, and well worth the bother. There is a store called Shoe Mania on 14th street which is having and unbelievable sale. When I say unbelievable I mean unbelievable. Every shoe in the place is 50% off- no exceptions. They have every brand that you can imagine from Rockport, to Mephisto, Reebok and Nike. It's all there!


I walked up from York to 86th and Lex., jumped on the four, and expressed it down to 14th street. In all, it took me twenty-minutes. My husband and I scored two pairs of Doctor Martins for eighty bucks. I felt like I was stealing them. Finally I was able to relate to the woman in the Ikea commercial that looks at her bill, sees it is so low, and madly runs out of the store in case they catch the non error.


I like the Docs because you can't wear em out. They are a sturdy shoe that can take the city potholes and the ice without breaking my neck. ( I'm sure you all know how I feel about heels!).

I suggest that you pick up a pair of shoes or two and then head across the street to a winter wonderland shoppers delight. You'll feel like you're in Santa's Village with cute little shops offering unique gift ideas for all budgets.

No comments: