Thursday, July 23, 2015

Joseph John Holosko Memories of my Father

This is a continuation of my blog post of my memories of my father who passed away. I was the apple of his eye, his only daughter. 

Every once I'm a while I will come across something that reminds me of our time together. 

My father was a superman handyman. There was nothing he could not do. He could fix a roof, rewire electrical wires, install a water heater, make a dog kennel, erect a fence, make wine,. He even toyed with making stained glass windows. 

His crowing glory however was being able to  build (by hand)a 5 foot tall working grandfather clock.

 We built it together. 

And every once in while I come across an object that my fathers ghost tells me to buy.

Today I came across a pair of locking pliers the same type we used together to build our grandfather clock together .

Its very important that I remember him. The generation born before the internet is lost in memory like they never existed. I write this because I want my father to exist

P.S. Whoever has that clock please know that I am coming for you! I am coming for the clock that a father and daughter built with love.I will help my fathers ghost transition in peace. Tick tock goes my grandfather clock. ..Tick tock. 

No comments: