Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Celebrity Apprentice Wrong Call? Fire Lisa Lampanelli

Is it possible that the decision to fire Dayana Mendoza was the wrong call? (see Dayana on the right).
I'm sorry Mr. Trump I think you called this one for the ratings and I can't blame you for that. However, this particular call stuck with me because of the message that it sends. Lisa Lampanelli (on the left), insulted and called this girl names publicly so with such consistency and violence that I would get a restraining order and sure.  Mr. Trump what would you do if someone attached Ivanka like that?

This was a infantile verbal assault on a young woman- a guest in our country.

In every boardroom that I have ever been in the prize goes to whoever keeps their cool. There is no organization that I know of in which verbal abuse is tolerated. I don't want kids thinking that if you scream, cry, and insult people that you even have a place in the boardroom!!

I am also ashamed by the way that celebrities in this country welcomed a young woman like Dayana who is learning the language, learning the culture and has come to NYC to further her carrier. While Clay Aiken was complaining about her lack of musical knowledge he should have thought that  Dayana did not grow up in American culture.

Clay, you have went down many notches in my eyes by the catty way you decided to act towards this young girl. Where is that Southern Gentleman who I have come to love?

I wonder how Dayana would have treated the celebrities if they were guest in her country and impaired by language nuances? I suspect she would do her best to make them feel welcome.

We cannot let Lisa Lampanelli's bad manners be what the world sees that we do with guests to the wonderful City of New York.

And that's why Donald Trump that you shouldn't have hesitated for a moment to fire Lisa

Here is goes. Dayana Mendoza welcome to New York. We are not all like Lisa Lampanelli.
It was really wonderful to meet you and welcome to New York City.  I'm not sure going on the show was the best decision for you but you handled yourself with class and grace. Best of luck!!!.

No comments: