Friday, December 14, 2018

Timeless Xmas gift.

I made an interesting observation today. The computer  has the power to change the clocks to whatever time it's wants, and that's a scarry thing. We have relinquished one of the most important discoveries in humanity and we are entrusting it to a computer.

"Hey Kay. Why did you think of that ?"

Well let me tell you.I was engrossed in work  so I looked around to see if it was lunchtime.
My kitchen clock said  11:30am,
My computer clock said 12:30.
My stove stove clock said 1:25pm.

And you know where I went to find the truth?  My phone!  Why did I trust it that  much? What if the system was hacked and the time changed?  How would I verify the true  time ? That scared the heck out of me. It means that  time can be manipulated by AI and smart phones  and that can  mean the downfall of civilization.

So this Xmas, get a watch.

No comments: