Friday, February 16, 2018

Gun Control: My Take


Gun Control: My Take


The Second Amendment rules, the gun lobby is strong, and our politicians can’t afford to lose the money. On the other hand, guns are killing our children because Killers are using guns.

Here’s my take. I liken the purchase of a gun to  that of a car. My humble suggestion will not only create jobs, but will keep the gun manufacturers and dealers happy while ensuring that money keeps rolling in for the government. 

 My option MAY maximize the safety of our children and of ourselves.

 And you ask: “Hey Kay ! In all your infinite wisdom and think tank genius what’s up?”

 And I say: “Check this out!”

 Ready?

 If you want to purchase a gun you’ve got to get a license, right? How come that license doesn’t require the same training and education classes as if you are getting a car permit? I think it should.

Here’s how I see it working:

If a person goes to purchase a gun they get their regular background check, right? But I would like to take that one step further. Once the gun is purchased, it is shipped to a local shooting range where the person will have to be trained and educated about guns and gun violence. Then, like a car license they will take a written and practical test at a DMV like place before they can bring the gun home. I cannot guarantee that this will end gun violence but it will certainly curb it considerably and at the same time protect the Second Amendment.

The Discussion continues....

 

No comments: