Friday, January 2, 2009

Nip/Tuck Female Mutilation?










You know my thoughts on the high heel phenomena that cripples women and renders them helpless to male aggression but the show Nip/Tuck has really got me worried. I've just been watching the trailers lately and I've been bombarded with dancing girls in frilly blue short skirts and white puffy hair reminiscent of the wigs of the English Renaissance. These carbon copied dolls dance to twirling scalpels. and ending their show by ripping off the red ribbons from their porcelain white revealing a necklace of stitches like you see in the picture of the eye above.


As the trailer of blood and scalpels and cutting continues in Jack the Ripper style there is one shot that makes me sick to my stomach. There is a naked woman grabbing a knife and trying to cut off her breast. Come on people. This is sick. Remember Larry Flint? The guy who published Hustler magazine? He put a picture of a woman going through a meat grinder and caused a uproar from the Feminist American woman of the world. What I don't get is why, as women and men we're just sitting here as images of self imposed female mutilation are celebrated?

Do we want our young girls and boys exposed to this and accepted as a lifestyle? Is this some serial killers fantasy?

No comments: